From Mir Tanvir Hossain <mir.tanvir.hoss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JCS] - proposal on a off-heap plugin for JCS based on DirectMemory
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 01:52:47 GMT
Hi, even though JCS does manage the key value mapping, each of the
auxiliaries seem to manage the key value mapping for the values that
auxiliary is responsible for. For example, IndexedDiskCache uses keyHash to
maintain the mapping. So, it seems like, I do need to maintain a map for
key and values. Consequently, for now, I am using the CacheServiceImpl.
However, I will create a custom class for the auxiliary that I am writing
that will use MemoryManagerService by reusing most of code from the
CacheServiceImpl.

I should have some code to show by the end of this week. I know I need to
iterate through several times before the code is release worthy. So, I'd
appreciate as much feedback as possible from all of you. How is the code
review process works here?

Thanks,
Mir