From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject refactoring in a branch
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 07:54:32 GMT
Hi all,

yesterday I was doing some code review on DM and my feeling is that we
should do some refactoring on a couple of things:
 - dependencies: I'd like to keep the dependency list size as low as
possible, trying to remove the dependencies that are not "critical" (i.e.:
I wouldn't rewrite a new logger slf4j just works nicely)
 - modularity: I think it'd be good if we could enhance cohesion and
modularity of classes; i.e. Cache and CacheService as they have lots of
different methods (different contracts / responsibilities)

I know those are a kind of high level topics but I think I could try to
create a DM branch where I "propose" some dependencies to be removed and
also some code refactoring.
I'm proposing that instead of opening tinier issues/tasks on Jira since I
think changes would impact lots of classes so it may be hard to maintain.
What do you think?
Tommaso