From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributed DirectMemory
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 20:30:39 GMT
I was looking at the jira issues and DIRECTMEMORY-13 - Make some
investigation about going
distributed<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRECTMEMORY-13>
caught
my attention.

I've read about some of the initial thoughts about reusing features of
existing Caches (Hazelcast or Terracotta) but I don't like this idea so
much.
We could reuse some of the ides that existing projects use, but I think
that we should either build it on our own, or use a solution not coupled to
an existing cache.

So what are your thought about making direct memory distributed?
Any thoughts about the consistency model, discovery etc?

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**