From "Raffaele P. Guidi" <raffaele.p.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JCS] - proposal on a off-heap plugin for JCS based on DirectMemory
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:43:23 GMT
It depends on what JCS requires to manage. If it handles the key-value
mapping on its own (as I suppose it does) you shouldn't  need to use DM's
CacheService (it would be a waste of memory) which does the same.
CacheService puts KV mapping on top of MemoryStorageService (and some more
things such as the background jobs for eviction that maybe are already
handled by JCS) .

I of course don't know well the internals of JCS so it's just a good guess.

Ciao,