From "Raffaele P. Guidi" <raffaele.p.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject [JCS] - proposal on a off-heap plugin for JCS based on DirectMemory
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 19:59:35 GMT
Hi, we discussed on our mailing list about integrating DirectMemory (which
has recently begun incubation [1]) as a JCS off-heap plugin. We find that
this could be more profitable, for us and the community in the whole, than
spending time and effort building DirectMemory as a fully featured cache,
and could let us just focus on off-heap management (our "core business").
This would make JCS+DirectMemory the only open source cache solution with a
off-heap option around (both ehcache and hazelcast off-heap plugins are
paid products).

Are you guys interested in merging efforts on this?

Regards,
    Raffaele

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/