From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JCS] - proposal on a off-heap plugin for JCS based on DirectMemory
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 16:59:40 GMT
On 19.11.11 09:43, Raffaele P. Guidi wrote:
> It depends on what JCS requires to manage. If it handles the key-value
> mapping on its own (as I suppose it does) you shouldn't  need to use DM's
> CacheService (it would be a waste of memory) which does the same.
> CacheService puts KV mapping on top of MemoryStorageService (and some more
> things such as the background jobs for eviction that maybe are already
> handled by JCS) .

Yes that is the case. JCS auxiliaries are just an extension to an
existing cache infrastructure. JCS handles everything from key-value
mapping to event handling, idle time and life time management. For
auxiliaries, there is a pluggable serializer/deserializer available.

If possible, I would like to see some code to get a better idea of what
your plans are.

Bye, Thomas.

PS: I'm subscribed to directmemory-dev@i.a.o, so we can drop the
personal mail addresses from the communication.