From Daniel Manzke <daniel.man...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Build change etc..
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:55:12 GMT
Just my 2 Cents.

I read a lot of Lombok and found it interesting maybe for internal classes,
but not for classes which are used by Externals.
I've never tried it out, but what is about Debugging? The Code can never fit
if I instrument the class with other Accessors or anything else?
To make Debugging work, I had to include Lombok in my IDE isn't it?

I personally don't like the idea, that I have to extend my IDE, because the
one Library needs it and for initial testing, it would be too much overhead.

I'm totally agree with the Getter- and Setter-Code. For small beans like
described in one of the Mails, it can fit, but I think this is so 1980's. :)
If you do a nice design, you can initialize your Classes, which need Getter-
and Setter- with DI or Builder.
In the Code of my actual Company, we did the switch to have more Properties
which are accessible by themself, because in internal classes, it doesn't
matter if you depend on the Property or a Method. And I never saw a piece of
Code, where the Getter- and Setter-Methods stay the same, if you are
removing or changing the Property. ;)

For external APIs it is more interesting, to have speaking Names for the
Methods instead getMaxHeapSize().

Bye,
Daniel

--