From Daniel Manzke <daniel.man...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Initial roadmap discussion
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:35:21 GMT
Hmmm sounds interesting. There are a lot of Frameworks using this approach.
(for example Hazelcast too)
The Problem of the two approaches is, that it can lead to several problems.

For Example I have used in one of my Samples the Hazelcast
Singleton-Methods. The Problem was, that it forced to configure the Instance
itself. From that I took an Instance, which I tried to configure afterwards
and this has failed. So I had to switch all usage of Hazelcast.
(still it was stupid by my own, but such things can lead to problems -
Hazelcast has three different ways to get an instance...)

I'm totally agree, that it should not be bound to a specific DI. I kicked a
lot of Integrations from my Stacks, because they forced to use Spring. (like
a lot of Apache Projects...)
The Projects now have to investigate a lot of Energy to separate them from
the DI Frameworks. (Camel, Felix, Karaf, ...)

One Sentence to the Fluent-APIs. I really like them, but they also have one
problem, it is hard to use them in a dynamic Environment. You will see in
the Main Implementation a lot of IF-THEN-ELSE, because they want to make it
configurable.

Bye,
Daniel