From "Raffaele P. Guidi" <raffaele.p.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Objective of DirectMemory project?
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 07:09:31 GMT
I tried to clarify on this before (see the proposed roadmap): I started with
off heap, then tried to do too much doing a complete cache solution (it
didn't work well), then decided to focus again on off heap and did a
complete rewrite. In short the proposal is to keep focus on the off heap
part but add some basic cache features to ease and spread adoption.

Uhm I suspect the roadmap has got lost in the switch to confluence but it
should be in an email to dev as well, gotta look for it and put in the wiki
again.

Ciao,