From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Objective of DirectMemory project?
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 05:05:56 GMT
Folks,

Sorry for this simple questions, but whenever I read the project
description of DirectMemory it slightly confuses me.

The confusion stems from the statement "Apache DirectMemory is a multi
layered cache implementation..", which I interpret as DirectMemory is
a cache implementation, which features offheap store meaning stores
elements outside heap.

So confusion is around
1. Are we going to have a Cache implementation which stores all data
offheap or some onheap and some offheap?
2. Or are we focused on creating a Data Store which is offheap and can
be plugged in as data store of other cache implementation? In this
case we are focussed on creating our own Offheap Map implementation.

Just to have more clarity to focus on implementation.

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog