From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Eviction issue
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 06:04:18 GMT
Folks,

This is a query regarding the Eviction. Scenario is

Add entries to offheap without expiry aka 0
Let the schedulesdisposal run after 10 sec
Access the key

It returns null :(

I tried to dig a bit deeper into and found that collectExpired() &
collectLFU() are executed during schedules cleanup, and collectLFU was
causing the entry to be freed, though it has not expired.

IMHO, we should call collectLFU() under resource constraints, like we
are short on space for entries, then we should evict LFU, wdyt?

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog