From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ArtifactType
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:09:12 GMT

> Hello,
> since my project at work is pretty much live now, i hope that i can
> spend more time now on depot.
> right now i have a question concerning the artifactType. There are some
> :TODO: tags in this. What was the main intend for this class? Should we
> change this?

Depot has a concept of namespaces (QName stolen from the WS folks) which
basically allows a name within a URI, identified by a prefix. This is used
in a bunch of places when a name alone isn't unique. For example say we
wants the 'depot jars' or the 'depot source' we'd want to have jars:depot or
source:depot both with the name 'depot'.

The main intention of this class is to define a few types (as namespaces),
for jar or docs or source or ... (hence the todos). Right now we are trying
to get off the ground with jars.

I'd leave the TODOs but I'd not worry about it too much.

regards

Adam