From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject Enterprise Users may not trust availablity of Internet for repeatable builds.
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:51:11 GMT

Scot Mcphee says in
http://jroller.com/page/scotartt/20040225#maven_too_hard

"I found its [Maven] insistence on connecting to an Internet repository
offensive; in a production environment it has a snowflakes chance in
hell of automated downloading of anything from the Internet."

I have faced the same issue at work.
I would like to support tools reduce this fear.
Enterprise users trust there own CVS so perhaps a CVS backed local cache
would handle the concerns

ie check in your local.repository, so it is "always available".

Any other ideas ?

R,
Nick