From "Markus M. May" <m...@gmx.net>
Subject MD5 Hash
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:12:07 GMT
Hello,
Nick just said that it is a short term goal, that the MD5 stuff is working.
Well, basically it should work, and the test cases are there. But as already
discussed on this list, it can be necessary to use external tools (like
md5sum on linux) to generate the md5 hash. I have right now really no
experience with pretty large files (say 10-15M) and if the Java algorithm
can handle this fast enough. You don't want to wait up until the MD5 hash is
generated and write 2 programs in the meantime, right? Anyway, somebody
stated that maven just uses a hook, so that everybody can use there own
tool. In my opinion it is better to use just one tool (Java) for this, but
like I stated, there could be a performance problem, as well as a algorighm
problem (means: handles java the md5 hash the same way as FreeBSD and
Linux?).

What do you think?