From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Enterprise Users may not trust availablity of Internet for repeatable builds.
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:19:18 GMT
> "I found its [Maven] insistence on connecting to an Internet repository
> offensive; in a production environment it has a snowflakes chance in
> hell of automated downloading of anything from the Internet."

So don't do builds in productions. ;-) ;-)

FWIIW: Gump seems to manage to automatically download stuff pretty often. :)

> Enterprise users trust there own CVS so perhaps a CVS backed local cache
> would handle the concerns

I think SVN is a good fit with Depot, heck -- I'd like to follow their lead
on lots of things (from security to command line to ...). I wonder if we
could integrate as an SVN client (better than pyeclipse does, I hope) from
Java.

> Any other ideas ?

So a local repository that isn't version controlled isn't good enough? Why
don't we just download to a local one?

regards,

Adam