From "Markus M. May" <m...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: News from the Avalon front?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:37:21 GMT
Hello,
so you are storing a .meta file for each component and in this file you
basically describe the dependencies and some other stuff like the used
factory and the criterias used to initialize the factory?

Right now we are just storing the dependencies for each project
(component?) in an xml-file. Is the Meta-file just a .properties file or
could it be a .xml-file as well?

Like I said, we are storing the dependencies in an .xml-file and also we
are using a kind of directory structure for the definition of the
domain, etc. Basically right now we are supporting two kinds of
repositories
1) Maven-like repos (ibiblio.com)
2) Flat file structure (local, ...)

Here is the question, if Apache Repository decides on a different
structure. It is clear that we need probably more meta-data and that we
should use therefor another .meta file. This is not decided yet, but we
are pretty open on this one. Right now, nearly no information from the
project/component (like dependencies) are stored on the server. This
information is only stored in the project specific file basically on the
client (like maven does).

I definitly like the idea of Avalon Repository concerning the Factory

R,

Markus