From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Naming stuff with fance names... not
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:25:51 GMT

Fancy names are sometimes catchy, and help identify the project, unless
there are too many of them. Usually a project should have only one fancy
name, but we have two: 'depot' and 'ruper'.

Hence, why not make a single logo for 'Depot', and simply name the
artifacts "versioner" and "updater"?

Hence it would be

  Depot versioner
  Depot updater

(or Depot Version and Depot Update)

I think this would improve the clarity for outsiders and make the site,
docs, and code more understandable. In any case, we need to do it now,
before a first milestone release.

WDOT?

 From me, +1 (please specify if you prefer the -er ending)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -