From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Depot vs Avalon Repository
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:14:03 GMT

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> I'd like to also add that there is also a duplication of content between
> the "Avalon Repository" and the contents of the
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository (Maven Repository) which are
> used to publish all Apache content now to www.ibiblio.org/maven and
> provide alternative mirrors of the Apache Maven Repository content.
>
> I believe we (repository) are now considering this as an option for the
> starting point for the ASF Repository?

Personally I say yes. My opinion is that since Ruper can use that
repository already there is no reason why not take advantage of it now
and move one step at a time. IMHO the move to use the new repository@a.o
proposed layout can happen at a later phase, all in synch.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -