From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: duplicate data
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:47:39 GMT
Markus M. May wrote:

 > Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
 >>
>>Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>>>it more configurable, currently all md5 checksums generated using Maven
>>>are broken because of this, I think others have recognized this and
>>>generate them by hand on their own.
>>
>>In Ruper we have an md5sum implementation in the scratchpad. What about
>>checking that we are on the same boat with the md5 format? :-)
>>
>>I am seeing that you are struggling to set up the repository for Apache,
>>and it's unfortunate, as it's a great thing if done well.
>>
>>Depot guys, shall we give him a hand, and stop profiting from his kind
>>work without giving back? :-)
 >
 > Shurly think so! How can we help here?

We have a spec that has come out of this list, but we also have two
implementation (Maven and Ruper) that currently work with the "old" layout.

Hence IMNSHO we should help Mark and others in setting up a
Maven-compatible repository at Apache, and eventually deal with the new
spec later.

Sander has already given a hand in idenifying some points that have to
be addressed, it would be cool if we could come up with concrete
suggestions on going forward and actually helping publishing the jars.

Some action items:

1- how can we make mirroring work for both of us? (IIRC Ruper already
showed it's easy to do, but I need help from Adam that already tried it)

2- How does Mark think we can proceed in not making it compulsory to
phisically have jars in a defined location?

3- We really should see that the md5s are compatible between Ruper and
Maven (IOW Mark meet Markus, Markus meet Mark :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -