From "Markus M. May" <m...@gmx.net>
Subject New build/project structure
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:59:51 GMT
Hello,
Nick already state, that we should first get the build stuff up and running
before we are going to make any changes and add complexity. I totally agree
with this. I have at my system already put the vfs and also the version stuff
into the /lib-directory, therefor we can use this right now as a core
dependency. Because it was quite easy, I already put the VFS stuff out into the
adapters.
I definitly would like to use ruper to build then the adapters itself (the
most important right now is the ANT-adapter, of course). The ANT-adapter
should be build with a kind of add-on script, so that we do not have to use our
own tasks for this. After this the rest of the adapters can be build using our
ANT-Tasks.
My question is now, if we should use e.g. centipede2 for building the
adapters or even ruper itself. Since this is then a project with kind of
sub-projects (called adapters). Can centipede2 handle this? I have to admit, that this
would be a nearly perfect use-case for maven, but I don't like to use it
here, because I feel closer to ANT then to maven.

What do you think?

Regards,

Markus

BTW, is there a time, when we can get together in IRC or something, to
discuss this kind of things online?