From "Adam R. B. Jack" <>
Subject Re: MD5 and Mirrors ( was Re: MD5 Hash )
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:24:43 GMT

> Adam is perfectly right about this stuff. There is one more thing we need
> think about. Some repositories treat md5-files different. The structure on
> is [filename - MD5 Hash]. But on ibiblio (maven-repository) it
> just [MD5 Hash]. So this needs to be somehow configurable.

I think we need to shoot for what is considered the Apache Repository, none
other. What Maven do w/ ibiblio will clearly impact us, but ought be

That said, Apache Repository is about to become Maven Repository (taken over
my the Maven team) unless we help Apache get it's act together. Still, it
might not be a bad thing, we expect them to be a primary publisher.

View raw message