From "Markus M. May" <m...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Work in Progress...
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:13:08 GMT
In the following find my suggestions:

>   * is the STATUS file up to date? (also post link)
Well, right now there is no current status, this is the first report.

>   * any legal, cross-project or personal issues
>     that still need to be addressed?
I believe that there are none right now, right?

>   * what has been done for incubation since the last report?
This is the first status. The project is now in the Subversion Repository
and work on the code begins.

>   * plans and expectations for the next period?
We plan to work closer with the repo@apache.org community to get ruper
closer to the specifications of this project. In the next period these
requirements will be sorted out and prioritized. After this is finished
these will be
implemented into Ruper.

>   * any recommendations for how incubation could run
>     more smoothly for you?
None right now

>   * etc (your own thoughts on what is important would be helpful!)
??

> Markus M. May wrote:
>
> > Well,
> > I believe the status should be a short summary of all the activities in
> the
> > incubation process. The format of such things (when I am correct) is
> pretty
> > much a non-format. Just a couple of sentences for this.
>
> (there is a template ready with questions to reply to, read below)
>
> > If you like I can jump
> > in here an write some sentences and post this to this list. The status
> > report should then be send to the Mentor and he (Nicola) should send
> this then to
> > the Board.
>
> Not exactly, but close, as it can be posted on the general list by
> anyone, after the project list has not voiced against it...
>
> Here is a repost of the relevant part of the mail I sent to the general
> list.
>                               - = -
>
>   HOWTO
> -------
> The status report of Incubating Projects can be done by anyone on the
> project, not necessarily by Mentors, but it must be something that is
> generally agreed upon by the community.
>
> If Mentors disagree with the posted report, they should say so, or else
> we will assume that it speaks for the community, regardless the person
> who posted it.
>
> It should be posted on this list, ie general@incubator.apache.org
>
> Here are the points to be addresses:
>
>   =====8-<========8-<=======8-<=======8-<=====
>
> Status report for the Incubator
>
>   * is the STATUS file up to date? (also post link)
>
>   * any legal, cross-project or personal issues
>     that still need to be addressed?
>
>   * what has been done for incubation since the last report?
>
>   * plans and expectations for the next period?
>
>   * any recommendations for how incubation could run
>     more smoothly for you?
>
>   * etc (your own thoughts on what is important would be helpful!)
>
>   =====8-<========8-<=======8-<=======8-<=====
>
> --

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus M. May

Javafreedom.org               Tel. Home: +49
(0)69/43 41 58
Linnestr. 17	                   Tel. Mobil:
+49 (0)173 53 40 964
D-60385 Frankfurt

http://www.javafreedom.org
mailto:mmay@javafreedom.org