incubator-deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Seam XML config
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 06:38:16 GMT
well, there is an important distinction between creating new beans for classes which are in
a BDA and others who don't.

In CDI-1.0 it's not defined what happens if you do BeforeBeanDiscovery#addAnnotatedType for
a class which is already in a BDA and would get picked up automatically. Some containers treat
them as new bean information, others as default for the existing one. This only gets specified
in CDI-1.1 where we also have a new event ProcessSyntheticAnnotatedType (or so).

Thus I recommend allowing to add annotatedTypes but only for classes which are not in a BDA
(in other words: they are in a jar without a beans.xml).

Stu, Shane, what do you think about that solution? That should cover the most important use
cases. All features beyond that are not portable in CDI-1.0.

LieGrue,
strub