incubator-deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Bryzak <sbry...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AW: supporting different approaches,...
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 12:51:07 GMT
There would of course be extension points for pluggable authentication
and authorization, something that has existed in Seam Security for many
years already.  I think our existing design in this area is already
quite robust, and gives the developer a choice whether to use one of the
built-in implementations, or to (easily) implement their own.

On 30/01/12 20:29, Arne Limburg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 for providing a ready-to-use security implementation (i.e. supporting authentication
and @RolesAllowed), but
> -1 for not providing integration for other frameworks. At least we should provide a rich
set of extension points for them. There are so many parts of security that we should not expect
to find the best solution for all cases, like authentication, authorization (role-based and/or
other approaches?), handling of the current security context...

> Cheers,
> Arne
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

I've looked at Shiro and it's quite simplistic compared to what we plan to do, and the existing
PicketLink IDM needs an overhaul to simplify its API.  What I envision is a new security framework,
inspired by the best features wherever we find them, designed from the ground up to take advantage
of CDI.  I want people to automatically think of DeltaSpike Security as the defacto application
security solution when they need to secure their Java EE apps.  We also have JSR-351 (Java
Identity API) to consider, of which both Bolek and I are members of the expert group - DeltaSpike
might be a good place to implement this new specification also.