From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Graduation: timetable and resolution
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:18:34 GMT
Hi all,

we've previously discussed graduation on this list, to favorable
opinions. To graduate, we need to have a discussion and vote on the
general@incubator.apache.org list, and, when the vote passes, get the
resolution onto the agenda for a board meeting for approval there. The
next board meeting is Oct. 26th. We therefore need to have all our ducks
lined up by Oct. 21st or so.

To achieve that goal, I want to do the following

      * Discuss the draft resolution for the board here
      * Post to general@incubator.apache.org to start discussion of the
        resolution on the list tomorrow, 10/12, 3pm PDT
      * Call for a vote on general@ on 10/17, with vote closing 10/20

Below is the draft resolution that I want to ultimately put before the
board. Please let me know if you think any changes need to be made to
it.

David

Draft resolution
================

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software implementing web service API's for interacting
with cloud providers, and corresponding client libraries, for
distribution at no charge to the public.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Deltacloud Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Deltacloud Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to web
service API's for interacting with cloud providers, and corresponding
client libraries; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Deltacloud" be and hereby
is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction of
the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Deltacloud Project,
and to have primary responsibility for management of the projects within
the scope of responsibility of the Apache Deltacloud Project; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Deltacloud
Project:

  * David Lutterkort   (lutter@apache.org)
  * Marios Andreou     (marios@apache.org)
  * Michal Fojtik      (mfojtik@apache.org)
  * Eric Woods         (woodser@apache.org)
  * Sang-Min Park      (spark@apache.org)
  * Chris Lalancette   (clalance@apache.org)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Lutterkort be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Deltacloud, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Deltacloud Project be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
development and increased participation in the Deltacloud Project; and
be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Deltacloud Project be and hereby is
tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
Deltacloud podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Deltacloud podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.