From Tong Li <liton...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Very slow performance under eventmachine-0.12.10
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:33:16 GMT

After grab DC 0.4.0, I noticed very slow performance, each request takes a
lot longer than I had expected. Went to google and searched by 'thin slow
performance', then few things popping up and stated that the eventmachine
EM.epoll may be the one to take the fault. Then I noticed that I am using
very old eventmachine gem which is 0.12.10. updated to a beta release
eventmachine-1.0.0.beta.4 with the following command,then what a
difference!!!, each request is now almost instant.  I am using Ubuntu 11.04
on a 64 bit machine. If you also experience similar problems, you may want
to try the newer eventmachine. Someone also suggested to disable epoll, but
I am not sure if that is a good idea. If you do experience some performance
issue, give it a try, you may be surprised.

gem install eventmachine --pre

Thanks.

Tong Li
Emerging Technologies & Standards