From Tong Li <liton...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.4.0, rc4
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:54:48 GMT

+1 after talked with David.

Tong Li
Emerging Technologies & Standards
B062/K317
litong01@us.ibm.com

From:	David Lutterkort <lutter@redhat.com>
To:	Chris Lalancette <clalance@redhat.com>
Cc:	deltacloud-dev@incubator.apache.org,
            general@incubator.apache.org
Date:	08/31/2011 12:58 PM
Subject:	Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.4.0, rc4

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 07:36 -0400, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> B1;2601;0cOn 08/30/11 - 03:34:30PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm just slightly hesitant to release with this bug in place; after
all, the
> > > HTML UI is most likely the first thing people will see when they play
around
> > > with deltacloud.  What do others think?
> >
> > Let's see if an update to the beta2 for jquery-mobile 1.0 will help -
> > can you apply the patch at [1] and see if that fixes things for you ?
> > And doesn't break other things ? ;)
> >
> > David
> >
> > [1] http://people.apache.org/~lutter/patches/jquery-mobile-update/
>
> I tried out this patch, but no luck.  The error moved around, but is
still
> basically the same:
>
> c is undefined
>
> I guess at this point I'm OK with us releasing like this.  Hopefully it
is
> just on this (older) Firefox version, and this won't be a widespread
problem.
> We really should try to track it down in the near future, though.

Yes, I agree, and given that it doesn't fix the problem, I'd rather not
update to beta 2 in the rc.

If you feel like it, try it with the unminified version of jquery
mobile. You need to download both the JS and CSS from [1] and change
their file names in server/views/layout.html.haml - essentially the same
thing my patch did.

Then try the operations that give you errors again with Firebug open -
that should give you a more meaningful stacktrace in JS. From a quick
look at the source, nothing fishy jumped out. Upstream does claim that
they support Firefox from 3.6 on[2], so should be interested in the bug
report. If you don't have time to look into it, make sure to file a
Jira, so we don't lose track of the issue.

David

[1] http://jquerymobile.com/download/
[2] http://jquerymobile.com/gbs/#gbs