From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Update dependencies, .gemspec Gemfile rc2
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:58:21 GMT

On Sep 20, 2011, at 8:49 AM, marios@redhat.com wrote:

> On 12/09/11 14:45, marios@redhat.com wrote:
>> Attempt #2 at fixing the dependency situation. As with original patch, .gemspec is
now self contained with everything you need to actually run deltacloud (including the cloud
provider gems). Gemfile now includes the gemspec, and adds the dependencies for developers.
I like the division:  .gemspec is 'runtime' and Gemfile is 'development'.
>> Difference in this patch is that the dependencies are for ruby 1.8.7 - supporting
ruby 1.8.6 is no longer feasible - too many gems are dropping support for this and trying
to constrain gem versions was too unstable.

>> So to install deltacloud as a user 'sudo gem install deltacloud-core' will get you
everything you need to work with all cloud providers. To develop, 'bundle install --system'
will get you everything in the .gemspec, as well as the development deps in the Gemfile.

>> With this in mind please check that the versions here are sane - nothing exploding/complaining/broken.
If happy, I commit and then our the next gem we release (in theory 0.4 soon) will come with
'everything' (ie gem install will give users all dependencies),

>> marios
>

> <review_nag>
> please can someone check the sanity of these... we are blocking on pushing the new docs
out to the website until these dependencies (and a new rubygem with this .gemspec) are pushed
> </review_nag>

I'll review it but I can't see the patch for rc2.

  -- Michal

Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com
Deltacloud API: http://deltacloud.org