From Francesco Vollero <razor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: syslog in DeltaCloud 0.4.0
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:10:30 GMT
Hey Tong,

Tomorrow morning i gonna fix those problems, the ones that still in bug state. I gonna give
back here on ml asap with the status.

Cheers,
Francesco

Sent from my iPad

On 07/set/2011, at 23:09, Tong Li <litong01@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Tried DC RC 4 with ruby 1.9.1 and latest dependencies and found quite few problems.
>
> The RC4 was downloaded here and seemed it was posted on 8/24.
> http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.4.0/rc4/
>
> 1. This should be just a bug.
> views/instances/show.html.haml has errors, it should have never worked.
>
> both line 31 and 34 has code like this.
>
> %p{ :'data-role' => 'fieldcontain'}=@instance.public_addresses.map.join(',')
>
> the map.join should not have worked.
>
> it needs to be changed to
>
> %p{ :'data-role' => 'fieldcontain'}=@instance.public_addresses.join(',')
>
> 2. incorrectly use "lib" in the require path, this causes big problem for others to use
DC gem. There are two places

> base_driver/base_driver.rb
> sinatra/rack_syslog.rb
>
> both files have some thing like this
>
> require 'lib/xxxxx'
>
> They should be changed to
>
> require 'xxxxx'
> 3. In base_driver/features.rb, it still uses ordinalize method from an integer, which
has been removed in newer active_support package,
> 4. i18n is a dependency , but was not stated in the spec.
> 5. nokogiri requires some other dependency which is not available on 64 bits platform,
forgot the name of it, when I tried to gem install, it did a local build, then blows up because
it was trying to use 32 libraries on windows.
> 6. syslog is not available on windows platform, both item 5 and 6 really hurts. I had
to setup an Ubuntu 11.04 machine to do my development.
> 7. new RC4 is extremely slow. I run 0.4.0 and 0.3.0 on the same machine, 0.4.0 took a
lot longer from user point view. not sure if it has anything to do with the newer UI or because
of the thin server which is now required. Any reason why switch it from WEBrick?

> is there any way these problems can be fixed? or they have been fixed in newer builds?
If I can access the source, I do not mind to fix them. I think that problems described in
1 to 4 should really be fixed ASAP.

> Thanks.
>
> Tong Li
> Emerging Technologies & Standards
> B062/K317
> litong01@us.ibm.com
>
> David Lutterkort ---09/06/2011 07:17:45 PM---On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 15:40 -0400, Tong
Li wrote: > finally had time to try this rc4, however, syslo