From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Very slow performance under eventmachine-0.12.10
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:26:00 GMT
On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 13:33 -0400, Tong Li wrote:
> After grab DC 0.4.0, I noticed very slow performance, each request takes a
> lot longer than I had expected. Went to google and searched by 'thin slow
> performance', then few things popping up and stated that the eventmachine
> EM.epoll may be the one to take the fault. Then I noticed that I am using
> very old eventmachine gem which is 0.12.10. updated to a beta release
> eventmachine-1.0.0.beta.4 with the following command,then what a
> difference!!!, each request is now almost instant.  I am using Ubuntu 11.04
> on a 64 bit machine. If you also experience similar problems, you may want
> to try the newer eventmachine. Someone also suggested to disable epoll, but
> I am not sure if that is a good idea. If you do experience some performance
> issue, give it a try, you may be surprised.
>
> gem install eventmachine --pre

Good to hear. We don't pull eventmachine in directly, only indirectly
via thin. I am on thin 1.2.11, as I suspect most of the other devs will
be.

With Marios' changes to the gemspec, the most tested versions of each
gem are noted in server/deltacloud-core.gemspec. Gems can be installed
from that with 'bundle install'. Details of that will go up on the
website real soon now.

David