From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:17:26 GMT
On 08/15/2011 10:09 AM, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> On 08/12/11 - 04:42:30PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
>> I'd like to put the graduation of Deltacloud to a toplevel project under
>> the Board of the ASF to a vote.
>>
>> This vote is solely concerned with whether we, the Deltacloud community,
>> feel we are ready to go through the graduation process. There are a few
>> steps we have to take as part of the graduation process (write charter,
>> draft resolution for the board, decide who the VP and initial PMC will
>> be) I'll start separate discussions for all these items.
>>
>> For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
>> a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.
> The code is getting more mature, and the community is growing, so this seems
> like a decent time.  However, before voting, I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1)  Besides being listed as a top-level Apache project, are there any
> additional benefits to graduating?

- you move out of incubator
- you get a deltaloud.apache.org url which helps with google search hits etc
- you can make your own releases without incubator/ member votes
- you get listed on apache front page
- apache will promote the project
- project gets full apache branding
- etc  I think there is a full list in the incubator FAQ

> 2)  What are the additional responsibilities a top-level project has over an
> incubator project (if any)?

yes, the responsibility of the project moves from the IPMC to the
deltacloud PMC.
The project needs to report directly to the board.