From Chris Lalancette <clala...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.4.0
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:32:43 GMT
On 08/15/11 - 04:35:56PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 14:07 -0400, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> > For the POST, however, libdeltacloud uses
> > http://localhost:3001/api;driver=ec2/firewalls, but it does not get properly
> > translated:
> >
> > 127.0.0.1 - - [15/Aug/2011 13:57:52] "POST /api;driver=ec2/firewalls HTTP/1.1" 404
434 0.0135

> Nice catch.
>
> > It seems like we could fix this either by fixing the URLs that the API returns
> > initially (so that they look like http://localhost:3001/api/firewalls;driver=ec2),
> > or by changing the rackup(?) stuff to do the translation for POST like it
> > already does for GET.  Thoughts?
>
> Attached are two patches to fix rack_matrix_params; the issue was that
> for POST the path rewriting magic that strips matrix params and
> ultimately allows Sinatra's request dispatching to do the right thing
> was never run.
>
> Unfortunately, there's no tests in these patches - if anybody wants to
> add some, I'd be very grateful. Feel free to commit if this works for
> others.

Yep, this did the trick for me, at least when using the API through
libdeltacloud.  Because of that, I've pushed both patches.  I'll note that
I'm still running into some bugs with the HTML UI (Firefox 3.6.18):

1)  When creating a new firewall, the request goes through fine but the page
never finishes reloading.  It just gets stuck with the "loading" screen forever
2)  When trying to add a new rule to the firewall, I always get
"Error loading page" and the request doesn't finish.

I've filed JIRA issues for the above, since I'm not sure we should hold up the
release for them.

--
Chris Lalancette