From Chris Lalancette <clala...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduation to TLP
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:09:39 GMT
On 08/12/11 - 04:42:30PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> I'd like to put the graduation of Deltacloud to a toplevel project under
> the Board of the ASF to a vote.
>
> This vote is solely concerned with whether we, the Deltacloud community,
> feel we are ready to go through the graduation process. There are a few
> steps we have to take as part of the graduation process (write charter,
> draft resolution for the board, decide who the VP and initial PMC will
> be) I'll start separate discussions for all these items.
>
> For now, please vote on whether you think Deltacloud is ready to become
> a TLP by Wednesday, Aug 17th by 17:00 PDT.

The code is getting more mature, and the community is growing, so this seems
like a decent time.  However, before voting, I have a couple of questions.

1)  Besides being listed as a top-level Apache project, are there any
additional benefits to graduating?

2)  What are the additional responsibilities a top-level project has over an
incubator project (if any)?

Thanks,
--
Chris Lalancette