From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.4.0
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 23:35:56 GMT
Hi Chris,

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 14:07 -0400, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> For the POST, however, libdeltacloud uses
> http://localhost:3001/api;driver=ec2/firewalls, but it does not get properly
> translated:
>
> 127.0.0.1 - - [15/Aug/2011 13:57:52] "POST /api;driver=ec2/firewalls HTTP/1.1" 404 434
0.0135

Nice catch.

> It seems like we could fix this either by fixing the URLs that the API returns
> initially (so that they look like http://localhost:3001/api/firewalls;driver=ec2),
> or by changing the rackup(?) stuff to do the translation for POST like it
> already does for GET.  Thoughts?

Attached are two patches to fix rack_matrix_params; the issue was that
for POST the path rewriting magic that strips matrix params and
ultimately allows Sinatra's request dispatching to do the right thing
was never run.

Unfortunately, there's no tests in these patches - if anybody wants to
add some, I'd be very grateful. Feel free to commit if this works for
others.

David