From Jeremy Bar <jer...@nimbula.com>
Subject Re: Need information on process to add new driver
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:43:01 GMT
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Michal Fojtik <mfojtik@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2011, at 7:50 PM, Jeremy Bar wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the information Marios.
> >
> > I am wondering why some drivers have a *_client.rb file, while some
> others
> > don't, for example:
> >
> > ./rackspace
> > ./rackspace/rackspace_driver.rb
> > ./rimuhosting
> > ./rimuhosting/rimuhosting_driver.rb
> > ./rimuhosting/rimuhosting_client.rb
> >
> > The Rackspace driver doesn't have the _client.rb file whereas Rimuhosting
> > has it.
>
> The reason is that for some drivers we're using 'external' gems, like
> 'cloudfiles' for Rackspace.
> Thus they don't need the _client file.

So if I understand correctly, the _client file contains callbacks for the
target cloud API?  Do you have documentation for this file?

Do you have more detailed documentation than what is present at
http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/framework.html?  That would a great
help understanding the development workflow of the driver...  I have
currently set up a server running the mock driver.  Also, how do
I exercise my driver to test things are working correctly?

Thank you,
Jeremy