From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: User data injection in VSphere
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:20:35 GMT
On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 15:50 +0200, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> to avoid many future questions how does this work I decide to write a simple howto:

This is really powerful and nice, but it is very different from what
we've called feature 'user_data' so far; we should call it something
else, say 'user_iso' or whatever.

We should also support straightup 'user_data', i.e. the ability to post
a base64 encoded string on instance creation, which we will then put
into a fixed file (say '/deltacloud-user-data.txt') in a new ISO image.

> 3. Encode this gzipped file in Base64:
>
>    openssl base64 -in myfiles.iso.gz -out myfiles.iso.b64

Wouldn't plain old 'base64' work here as well ?

David