From André Dietisheim <andre.dietish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why do instance details differ when requesting single instance/all instances?
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 17:45:56 GMT
Hi Chris

thanks a lot for playing around and for the exhaustive answer.

On 05/26/2011 07:37 PM, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> 1)  As you say, listing an instance one at a time vs. listing them all together
> does show different data.  In fact, if you look at the view code, you will see
> that there are a number of pieces of information that you can get from the
> single instance lookup that you can't get from the "all instances" lookup.
> It has been mentioned to me in the past that some of this might be intentional;
> that is, not all cloud providers provide rich enough detail in their "list
> instances" view to fully populate that view.  However, it would seem to me that
> *if* that data is available in the full view, we should provide it.  Does
> anyone else have an opinion here?

ok, that pretty much matches what I knew from prior version and what I
would have expected. In JBoss Tools we therefore tried to dispaly only
what we were told was available for all cloud drivers.

> 2)  For EC2, at least, even if you do look up the single instance view, the
> authentication data is empty.  I think this one is just a bug; I'll post a
> patch for it shortly.

great! should I open an issue in jira so that other which would have
spotted the bug know?

Thanks
/André