From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Initial POST body XML support
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 23:33:55 GMT
On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 11:24 +0200, mfojtik@redhat.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this patch add possibility to create a new instance using POST body XML.
>
> How it works:
>
> instance.xml:
> <instance>
>   <name>testinst10</name>
>   <realm id="us"/>
>   <hardware_profile id="m1-small">
>     <memory>512</memory>
>     <cpu>2</cpu>
>     <storage>10</storage>
>     <architecture>i386</architecture>
>   </hardware_profile>
> </instance>

I assume the HWP entries are meant to override defaults from m1-small
here ?

As for the patch, parsing an instance from XML should be done in a class
method in Instance; that should probably happen in server.rb, and the
code there should ensure the params hash only has an :instance entry for
XML.

Also, we should distinguish whether to look for XML or not based on the
content type of the POST (so that we can later easily add posting JSON
or whatnot)

David