From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.3.0 (RC3)
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 22:24:54 GMT
On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 14:28 -0700, Sang-Min Park wrote:
> David,
>
> There's one issue regarding Eucalyptus endpoint. In EC2 driver, the env
> variables are deleted in global scope, whereas previously it was nullified
> inside 'new_client' method. When a user starts the server with eucalyptus
> driver (deltacloudd -i eucalyptus), the env. variables set by Eucalyptus
> installation will be deleted when EC2 driver (base driver of Eucalyptus) is
> loaded. This causes AWS to point to the default EC2 endpoint.

That behavior is intentional - the EC2_URL etc. env variables are only
used because the base library (aws) we use to talk to EC2 respects them;
it's therefore an implementation detail that setting EC2_URL works.

Users should set the API_PROVIDER environment variable to select an
endpoint when the server is launched; they can also pass the -P option
to deltacloudd.

David