From Michal Fojtik <mfoj...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Image creation from running Instance (rev 1
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 21:12:21 GMT

?

> I don't think it will help clients at all - if we advertise that
> create_image takes an optional 'name' param, what will clients do with
> this ? If they want to take advantage of it, they need to know that
> there is a 'name' param ahead of time, and have a way to populate it
> (e.g., by asking a user)

Yeah, you're completely right. I just realized that for this case we have
OPTIONS /instances/create call, where client can see all parameters for this
action. So advertising them in XML is completely redundant.

  -- Michal

Michal Fojtik
Software Engineer, Deltacloud API project
http://www.deltacloud.org
mfojtik@redhat.com