From Justin Clift <jcl...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: PHP Library for Deltacloud
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:38:19 GMT
On 22/02/2011, at 3:22 AM, Felipe Cardoso Martins wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Justin Clift <jclift@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Just as a curiosity question... Felipe, would you be interested in starting
>> one?
>>
>> A deltacloud-php library that is.  :)
>
> Justin,
>
> I'm analyzing the possibility of develop a panel of cloud management
> for my company, and probably will be implement it in PHP (our
> expertise)... in a few days, I can give a follow-up if is possible
> implement something like Amazon.EC2 client in open-source model.

Sure, that would be great. :)

It should definitely be possible.  There are clients already existing
in Ruby and C, so I can't see any non-technical problems with PHP.

Actually, I wonder if it would be useful to get the libvirt-php
source code, and use that as a base for a deltacloud-php library?

  http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-php.git;a=summary

ie ripping out the libvirt bits, and putting in Deltacloud bits.

Note though, it's been years since I looked at PHP, and I was never
really fantastic with it. ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift