From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Run command on instance (Rackspace)
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:47:49 GMT
Michal, the patch applies cleanly but I couldn't get it to run - ping me
on irc tomorrow afternoon and we can see if I'm doing something silly.
For reference I used curl to launch the instance like:

curl -i -d 'image_id=51' -d 'realm_id=1' -d 'hwp_id=1' -d
'name=myShinYMachine' --user 'BLA:BLA'
http://localhost:3001/api/instances?format=xml

the instance launched fine but I didn't get any password reported. I
*did* however have the root password emailed to me by rackspace, so I
proceeded with:

curl -i -d 'cmd=ls -la' -d 'username=root' -d
'password=myShinYMachinepPassword' --user 'BLA:BLA'
http://localhost:3001/api/instances/myShinYMachine/run

(CLIENT SIDE: "curl: (52) Empty reply from server")

(SERVER SIDE: http://fpaste.org/iBNo/   i set fpaste ttl to 1 day so it
should still be there for you)

Again, I may be doing something silly. I leave this branch with your
patch applied, ping me on irc and we can talk if you like,

marios