From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] Alternative way how to use Deltacloud
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 01:23:37 GMT
On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 15:58 +0100, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> Basically people ask me if there is a possibility to 'bypass' our REST
> interface and use Deltacloud just like a gem (so their Ruby clients will
> not need to speak with Deltacloud API but execute operations directly from
> the drivers.

Yeah, I've gotten that, too. Usually,  tell people that we have a ruby
client which they can use, and the fact that they are going across a
REST API is mostly invisible to them.

There's a small amount of handwaving around the fact that you have to
run a server - hoepfully we'll have public Deltacloud instances one day
to moot that concern.

> It seems to me like a way how 'fog' or 'libcloud' is going and I'm not sure
> if we want to support this way as well.

I don't want to go that way - we should stress that the value of
Deltacloud lies in (a) the REST API and (b) that all the heavy lifting
is done on the server, keeping the clients very simple.

David