From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: IBM SBC Driver Available
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 00:42:00 GMT
On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 17:15 -0500, Eric Woods wrote:
> I've updated the patch to address your comment
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DTACLOUD-15).  The driver
> should be complete and ready to be committed.

I've just committed the driver and closed the Jira issue. There are
still a few TODO's that I would like to see addressed soon:

      * Documentation on the usage of the driver; most importantly
        instructions on where to get username/password - the information
        for the overall drivers table[1]
      * A row for the table listing driver capabilities [2]
      * sbc_driver (convert_instance): the InstanceProfile does not look
        up hte underlying HWP - the connection is solely by using the
        same name
      * sbc_driver (convert_image): architecture needs to be set
        correctly
      * sbc_driver (hardware profiles): you are right that using HWP
        names that contain '/' will lead to tears. Could we just use ':'
        as a separator instead ? With that switch we'd need to make sure
        that HWP names are translated correctly everywhere, in
        particular, when getting a HWP name from SBC or sending on to it

David

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/documentation.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/drivers.html