From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: IBM SBC Driver Available
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 00:05:33 GMT
On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 17:15 -0500, Eric Woods wrote:
> I've updated the patch to address your comment (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DTACLOUD-15).
 The driver should be complete and ready to be committed.

> Now I'm turning my attention to tests.  I'm running into issues when running either test
set:

> 1) When I run "rake test" within the server directory, I get no
> output.  After inspecting server/Rakefile, I changed the test
> FileList.new(...) to "t.test_files =
> FileList.new('tests/**/**/*_test.rb')" to pull in the "mock"
> directory.  This triggers common.rb to execute, but I then receive a
> LoadError for "spec."  I can't find this gem installed locally or

The tests pass for me without any changes to the Rakefile (IIRC, '**'
matches directory hierarchies of arbitrary depths)

> remotely.  I'm trying to install it via "sudo gem install spec."

The gem is cleverly called 'rspec'

> 2) When I run "API_DRIVER={ec2, mock} rake cucumber" within top level
> tests, the rake aborts from not being able to load "rack/test"

You need to 'gem install rack-test'. There's a Gemfile that should list
all the dependencies (look in the :test section) If anything is missing
from that list, we need to add it.

> Only ec2, mock, and rhevm are supported for cucumber tests, and only
> mock is supported for the unit tests.  Have these tests been updated
> recently and we know they should run?  Of course I'm new to ruby, so I
> could be making a trivial mistake.

Yes, all those tests pass for me - clearly, we need to document the
process of setting up a dev environment better. If you still have it,
can you collect a list of the gems you had to install for this
exercise ? We need to make sure it goes into the Gemfile and the
gemspec.

David