From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: patch for gogrid driver
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 01:22:27 GMT
Generally, the best way to submit patches for projects at Apache is to
open a JIRA bug report and attach the patch to the report. This makes
it easy to establish that the patch is intended as a contribution
(there's a tick box that explicitly identifies the patch as intended
by the submitter as a contribution).

The JIRA creation and update will be sent to the dev list so there's
no need to send it to the dev list as well...

Craig

On Jan 3, 2011, at 3:25 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-12-31 at 15:13 +0100, Adrian Cole wrote:
>> I'm unsure of the status of issues, and such.  There's a small bug in
>> the gogrid driver, I've attached a patch for.  Basically, the
>> description of an image can be null, and currently breaks parsing of
>> the architecture field.
>>
>> Please let me know the best process for submitting patches.
>
> The preferred way to submit patches is by sending them to the mailing
> list, ideally using 'git send-email', but for simple patches, just a
> unified diff attached to an email is fine, too.
>
> David

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
Chair, OpenJPA PMC