From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: user metadata for blob creation - S3, Cloudfiles, Azure
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:43:28 GMT
On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 21:34 +0200, marios@redhat.com wrote:
> Another issue which is not yet settled and for which I'd be grateful
> for feedback is in server.rb I am using params to get the key-value
> pairs for the metadata (submitted by a html form). An alternative, and
> the way the providers do it is with custom request headers
> (X-AMZ-META-KEY = VALUE for S3, X-OBJECT-META-KEY = VALUE for
> rackspace etc). This needs some more thought,

I don't have any strong feelings either way, but if the providers do it,
might be most natural to do it that way in Deltacloud too, and accept
X-DC-META-KEY headers.

Of course, that will make it next to impossible to set metadata from the
browser, but the HTML interface is really for exploration, and not for
serious uses of Deltacloud.

David