From David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: which states?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 23:36:58 GMT
On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 11:46 -0500, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> The backend state machine is a reflection of what can go on in the actual
> cloud.  For instance, an EC2 instance might go
> pending->running->shutting_down->terminated (states returned from EC2 itself),
> but we only expose PENDING, RUNNING, and TERMINATED to the front-end.

It seems that we forgot to update the instance_states collection, i.e.
the FSM describing possible state transitions, when the set of states
that can be reported for an instance was clamped down.

One side-effect of this is that we'll report the wrong actions for
instances, as those are computed from the FSM using instance_action_for.

David