From Adrian Cole <fernc...@gmail.com>
Subject jruby support: which drivers?
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:49:26 GMT
Hi, team.

As you may know, I'm working on jclouds binding to deltacloud.  I'm
using jruby for running deltacloudd [1].

I've found a few issues, noting I'm only testing read-only at this
point.  A lot of issues revolve around state consistency, which I sent
an email wrt earlier.  There's also a few cases where fetching
something by href returns the wrong value.  I think at least the state
question needs to be cleared up before we look into other issues.

Looking forward to the new year!
-Adrian

mock: PASS

gogrid: SOMEWHAT, INCONSISTENT
    * I've sent a couple notes to the list, but I also get "Bad
Request" attempting to start an instance

rackspace: INCONSISTENT
    * states are out of sync with latest mock

opennebula: NOT SURE
    * got the following error, but I'm not sure my local runtime is
setup: RuntimeError - CloudClient::Error is not a valid input stream.

ec2: SOMEWHAT, INCONSISTENT
    * see rackspace: ec2 has a STOPPING state.  Is this expected?
Also, fetching an availability zone by href returns the wrong
response.

rhevm: INCOMPATIBLE
    * uses power shell

terremark: SOMEWHAT, INCONSISTENT
    * see rackspace: terremark has a SHUTTING_DOWN state.  Is this
expected? also a problem with "undefined local variable or method
`vdc_id'" for images and instances.

rimuhosting: BROKE, INCONSISTENT
    * see rackspace: rimuhosting has a SHUTTING_DOWN state.  Is this
expected? also everything but realm queries break on doing .each on
something that is null

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/sandbox/deltacloud/README.txt