From Stephen Gordon <sgor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Initial import of new RHEV-M driver
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:44:46 GMT
On 12/14/2010 03:28 AM, mfojtik@redhat.com wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I spend most of this day and yesterday to get new RHEV-M API running.
> Actually I'm able to run Mock API, which is not perfect but for now
> enough to start working on this driver.
>
> So now what is working and what is not:
>
> + Listing of realms (using DataCenter) (/api/realms)
>    I'm using Datacenters instead of StorageDomains, because it has
>    more sense to me, let me know what do you think.
>
> + Listing of templates (/api/images)
>    Basically there are all needed informations for this collection
>    already in place, except 'owner_id', so using 'self' here for now
>    should fix it.
>
> + Hardware profiles
>    OK, so nwo I'm not that sure ;-) I found out that there are basically
>    two types of templates/VMs. One is DESKTOP and second SERVER.
>    So I used these as a names for hardware_profiles.
>    For memory I used a range from 1024..32*1024. I need to know what is
>    the minimum amount of RAM for new VM under RHEV. Also reporting
>    how much memory hypervisor provide would be appreciated here.
>    As an architecture I used 'x86_64', storage is opaque.

I believe in the current edition (RHEV 2.2) the minimum amount of RAM
that can be assigned to a guest is 512mb. The maximum that can be
assigned to a 64 bit guest appears to be listed as 265 GB. See:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization_for_Servers/2.2/html/5.5-2.2_Hypervisor_Deployment_Guide/chap-Deployment_Guide-Requirements_and_limitations_of_Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization_Hypervisors.html